Giving ThanksPosted by Shannon Brown on
I hope you’re staying safe, happy, and healthy. I’ve been thinking about gratitude a lot lately. It’s on my mind more now than ever given this super weird time we’re living in and especially with Thanksgiving coming up.
I have a couple of daily gratitude practices. The first one is that as soon as I wake up in the morning, I spend about five minutes in bed mentally listing all of the things I’m grateful for. As I go through the list, I fill my heart with love and feel appreciation. This starts my day off on the right foot and makes me happy.
The second one is writing in The Five Minute Journal. The journal prompts you to list three things you’re grateful for and includes reflective questions to complete each morning and evening. For some fun tips, see How Tim Ferris Uses The Five Minute Journal.
Mark Mason wrote this great post: Shut Up and Be Grateful: A Little Gratitude Goes a Long Way in Making Your Life Suck a Little Less:
Seven Things I’m Grateful for This Year
- Good Health.
- My Job: I am very grateful to have a job when so many people are out of work and when the economy is in such a precarious position. I adore my coworkers who are the smartest, funniest, most conscientious people and who make me laugh every Monday on Zoom.
- Will & Harvey Milkbone: My heart, housemates, and basically the only beings I’ve seen on the reg since March. I wouldn’t want to be isolated from the rest of the world with anyone else.
- Family and Friends: I am the luckiest person in the world to have the family and friends that I do and I dearly miss seeing them in person.
- Queer Eye, The Great British Baking Show, and Books: I’ve been focusing on content that is positive and makes me happy.
- Slowing down and appreciating the small things like cooking and gardening. Even with everything going on in the world, I’ve never been more relaxed and content.
- You: I’m grateful for you and all of the love you’ve shown me and this dream of mine through your orders, reviews, Instagram likes, and kind emails. Your orders allowed us to add thoughtfully curated products from other companies to the online store, experiment with new soap blends, and broaden our reach. Thank you for choosing us.
Will, Harvey, and I are minding the CDC’s recommendation and are staying cozy at home for the holidays. Stay tuned on Instagram to see how we’re celebrating with food, champagne, and a competitive game or two of Scrabble.
Wishing you and your families peace, happiness, and good health. ♡
Photo by Sarah Gualtieri on Unsplash